Question:
How do I know what clue to use for distance on the coarse?
james2lynch
2006-04-09 14:31:19 UTC
How do I know what clue to use for distance on the coarse?
Three answers:
Doug
2006-04-09 15:48:56 UTC
This is the yardage for a beginner golfers

1 Wood (drive) – 180 Yards

2 Wood –170 Yards

5 Wood –160 Yards

4 Iron –150 Yards

5 Iron –140 Yards

6 Iron –130 Yards

7 Iron – 120 yards

8 Iron – 110 yards

9 Iron – 100 yards

Pitching Wedge –90 yards

You can find more information like this on www.playgolfamerica.com
TeeDawg
2006-04-11 12:43:39 UTC
For flag position on the green:

Blue = back pin

White = middle

Red = front

For Yardage to the green you have to ask at the clubhouse as each course is different. Usually the sprinkler heads are marked or there is a prominant marker that shows 200, 150 and 100 yards. Some nicer cources have GPS on the cart and it will tell you exact yardage from where you sit.
♥♥♥
2006-04-09 14:44:09 UTC
you gotta get out to the range and see what club it takes you to hit, say the 100 yard marker. if you can hit your 9 iron 100 yards, then you'll hit your 8 110, maybe 115. add one club for every 10-15 yards