Question:
what is the social significance of golf?
2006-02-23 18:01:14 UTC
what is the social significance of golf?
Three answers:
emma
2006-02-23 18:09:44 UTC
I think golf is for "sophisticated" people, who have money and patience, and who dress in...their special way. It doesn't involve much sweating, or getting injured, getting cold or wet, like other sports. I personally can't stand it because I don't really see the point of it; you just walk around, trying to choose the best club, the best ball, the best position to aim the ball into a tiny hole that you might not even see if a long way off, and then you drive of in a cart and have a beer in the lounge of the resort/country club. And also, why do golfers wear only ONE glove? It's boring. But, hey, that's just me. Another sport I don't get is cricket, so if you know someone whoknows the rules of cricket, please tell me.
♫♪♫ PINKY ♫♪♫
2006-02-23 18:03:42 UTC
soially golf is considered a high class sport, because the due and fees to join country clubs are so high and have always been seen to be for the rich. but now-adays it is starting to be an average sport because so many people are able to afford fees and there are more and more golf courses built in developments and on city/county property....
nectarcat
2006-02-23 18:02:16 UTC
Rich white men, swapping drinks and stories, and eventually making business deals.