Question:
Whats the most abused Golf Club?
Greg the Surly
2006-04-05 11:12:26 UTC
Whats the most abused Golf Club?
Twelve answers:
Doug
2006-04-05 12:28:01 UTC
The wedge and the most abused item would be the ball
TeeDawg
2006-04-06 15:28:49 UTC
Yeah, for me it's the wedge. I have a Cleveland steel wedge... rusted and nicked (except the shaft). My most abused AND my most comfortable / versatile club.

I'm personally not a club slinger or slammer. Bad shots are part of the game and as the saying goes "a bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at the office".
whitewingpro
2006-04-12 15:39:01 UTC
the most abused golf club is the Driver. Everyone thinks that they have to hit a diver on a par 4 or par 5. Use your head!
mike03ou
2006-04-05 18:34:30 UTC
My most abused club is my 54 degree wedge. I hit it more than any other and when I don't hit it as close as I expect to it gets a little extra punishment.
stino
2006-04-08 07:10:09 UTC
i would have to say the driver because most people use it on every hole even if they couldn't hit a fairway to save their life, and before the round begins they hit a bucket of balls with the driver to "warm up", also the driver will display abuse better than any other club (skymarks, paint chips, scratches), other clubs might get thrown around more but don't display abuse like a driver, don't you agree?
Ohio_Golfer34
2006-04-06 23:15:02 UTC
Gotta be either the putter or the driver....those are the ones that you depend on the most and when things don't go right sometimes they get banged around a bit ;)
Cheesie55
2006-04-05 18:34:17 UTC
I think the wedge is the one. It is easy to chunk shots and then slam the club down. Been there and done that many times.
GrimmyBear
2006-04-05 18:27:31 UTC
Any one of them in my golf bag. Darn things never do seem to want to make the ball go straight so they get a daily beatin!!!!
gjkm16751
2006-04-06 00:39:15 UTC
the driver takes the most impact but the wedge is in the rough most of the time.
BonesofaTeacher
2006-04-06 18:34:24 UTC
7 or 8 iron is the most common one to be damaged.
tragically hip
2006-04-05 22:54:51 UTC
I would have to say the driver(if mine could talk, it would agree!!) it usually happens after I slice it in the water.
michael m
2006-04-05 18:13:41 UTC
the evil and hated demon club "the Putter" may it rot in hell.